As I've been spending a lot of my free time lately working with Django, I've compiled a list tracking some useful projects or pages that have helped me along the way.
- Django Boilerplate - a great starting point for getting going with your project.
- Two Scoops of Django - this book is not quite release (at least at the time of this writing), but promises to be excellent - it's on my 2013 reading list!
- Django Packages - a collection of pre-made, reusable apps for usage in your project.
- Test-Driven Django Tutorial - an introduction into test-driven development centered around Django
- South - a must-have for data migrations.
- Django Social Auth - a handy app for handling social networking logins, there's plenty of them "out of the box" as well as being easily extendable.
- Haystack - a modular search framework, supports Solr and ElasticSearch, among plenty of others!
- Celery - not really Django-specific, but an excellent task queue framework